Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joseph McCurley

Default Modify table of contents to include headings from a paragraph

I can not include as one of the levels for my table of contents as a heading
since it is a within the text of the paragraph. Example included below

2.1.1.1 Actors and levels involved in the conflict in Darfur.
Within the context of the conflict of Darfur there is the involvement of
state and non-state actors who operate at the local, state and regional
levels. ETC...............

I just want to include 2.1.1.1 Actors and levels involved in the conflict in
Darfur. And have rest of the paragraph be recognized as text, not a level.
If I highlight just the 2.1.1.1 Word flips the entire paragraph to a level.

Please help, got to turn in my master's thesis ASAP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Looks like you need a style separator (or hidden paragraph). See:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/RunInSidehead.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Joseph McCurley" wrote:

I can not include as one of the levels for my table of contents as a heading
since it is a within the text of the paragraph. Example included below

2.1.1.1 Actors and levels involved in the conflict in Darfur.
Within the context of the conflict of Darfur there is the involvement of
state and non-state actors who operate at the local, state and regional
levels. ETC...............

I just want to include 2.1.1.1 Actors and levels involved in the conflict in
Darfur. And have rest of the paragraph be recognized as text, not a level.
If I highlight just the 2.1.1.1 Word flips the entire paragraph to a level.

Please help, got to turn in my master's thesis ASAP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

You're very welcome. I'm glad I could help you.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP