Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike C Liu Mike C Liu is offline

Default return to context to look at tables & figures

Hi

Usually I have word file including text, tables and figures. In
context, I'll mentioned table 1 or Figure 1. Because these tables &
figures are in the end of the file, I'd need to go there to take a look

at them and think about them. Then, return to the context and foget
the looks of figure and return to the fig &table again. So, it's
quite annoying.
Could anybody tell me how to avoid this?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that you can go back to the previous edit point by pressing
Shift+F5, which might be helpful. Alternatively, split the document
window (Window | Split) so that you can view the table and the text
your are editing at the same time.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mike C Liu" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi

Usually I have word file including text, tables and figures. In
context, I'll mentioned table 1 or Figure 1. Because these tables &
figures are in the end of the file, I'd need to go there to take a

look

at them and think about them. Then, return to the context and foget
the looks of figure and return to the fig &table again. So, it's
quite annoying.
Could anybody tell me how to avoid this?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Mike

Mike C Liu wrote:
Usually I have word file including text, tables and figures. In
context, I'll mentioned table 1 or Figure 1. Because these tables &
figures are in the end of the file, I'd need to go there to take a look
at them and think about them. Then, return to the context and foget
the looks of figure and return to the fig &table again. So, it's
quite annoying.
Could anybody tell me how to avoid this?

Well, the easiest solution would be to not placing the figures in the
end. :-)

[I would only do that if you plan on printing color figures on special
paper, for instance, or when the figures are very large, even oversize
(larger than your standard letter or A4 paper).]

But there is also a command present in Word for you: Application.GoBack.
The default shortcut is SHIFT-F5. This should take you back to the last
place where you edited something.

HTH
Robert
--