Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cymur Cymur is offline

Default What plug-in to veiw archived *.doc as attachments in e-mail

I am getting message "This attachment is now a shortcut and requires that you
open the message first before opening the attachment." when I open an
archived e-mail that has an attachment. I've heard that a plug-in is required
but I cannot located it on the Web to download. Any ideas ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pop` Pop` is offline

Cymur wrote:
I am getting message "This attachment is now a shortcut and requires
that you open the message first before opening the attachment." when
I open an archived e-mail that has an attachment. I've heard that a
plug-in is required but I cannot located it on the Web to download.
Any ideas ?

Are you sure you have that message correct? I've never heard of anything
like that. But there's lots I've never heard of.

Assuming you know who sent it to you, and what it is supposed to be, try
saving it to disk first, virus scan it, and open it from there.

If this isn't something you're expecting, there is a good chance that it's a
virus or other malware and that shortcut might take you to some place you
don't want to go to. I think you need to be careful there.

Pop

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Samantha B. Samantha B. is offline

That all depends on what was used to archive the email. If it is a corporate
network, your Helpdesk or IT staff is the first stop.