Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
pas926 pas926 is offline

Default Extra Space On Mail Merge

I have the following code which works great except I get a space between
between the period and the comma. How do I get rid of this.

{ MERGEFIELD YEAR } { MERGEFIELD AUTH1 } { MERGEFIELD AUTH2 \b " ", }

1999 Borthwick, Douglas F. , Chiogioji, Rodney

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance
Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Starting from your example,
a/ what data is in
"year" (can we assume it is "1999"?)
"Auth1"
"Auth2"
b. is it your intention that there is a space between
{ MERGEFIELD YEAR }
and
{ MERGEFIELD AUTH1 }
(cf. the space you have put in your example)
or between
{ MERGEFIELD AUTH1 }
and
{ MERGEFIELD AUTH2 \b " ", }
?
c. the switch '\b " ",' should be more like '\b ", "'
but again, its not obvious what you actually have in your field codes,
because you probably do not have '
\b " ",
(with the comma after the double-quote characters as you have typed here) -
can you tell us /exactly/ what you do have?

Peter Jamieson

news