Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pat Miller Pat Miller is offline

Default Replaced in Error

I replaced a Word file with updated text. The problem is I selected the
old file and then clicked on "replace" on the new file. Result old file has
now replaced the new one.
How do I recover the my updated text file?
Regards,
Pat Miller

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Unless you have a server running Windows 2003 server with Shadow Copy
running, you cannot recover your file. If you do have the correct server
running, go into Windows Explorer, right-click on the file and select
Properties. Click on the versions tab and select a version prior to the
mistake.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/