Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jane Jane is offline

Default Directly applied formatting in tables suddenly change to styles

In a new document cleanup (large, legal financial documents), we apply the
Table Grid style then directly apply the formatting we need (i.e., borders,
decimal tabs, indents). Lately, we have found that the tables in our
documents suddenly change from directly applied formatting to various styles
(i.e., TOC1, Heading, Index, Balloon Text). There doesn't seem to be any
rhyme or reason. At first, we thought that it happened upon TOC update or
Index update. Has anyone seen this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jane Jane is offline

Default Directly applied formatting in tables suddenly change to style

Yes, I looked at that and it is cleared. It seems to be happening on an
automated process (i.e., TOC update, Index update, save (doc id update)).
Can't pinpoint it though. I did notice today that the template changed from
Blank.dot to Normal.dot. Could this be a template issue?

"Jane" wrote in message
In a new document cleanup (large, legal financial documents), we apply the
Table Grid style then directly apply the formatting we need (i.e.,

borders,
decimal tabs, indents). Lately, we have found that the tables in our
documents suddenly change from directly applied formatting to various

styles
(i.e., TOC1, Heading, Index, Balloon Text). There doesn't seem to be any
rhyme or reason. At first, we thought that it happened upon TOC update or
Index update. Has anyone seen this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Is Blank.dot a custom template (Normal.dot is the template on which a Blank
Document is based)?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you haven't already, clear the check box for "Define styles based on

your
formatting" on the AutoFormat As You Type tab of Tools | AutoCorrect
Options.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jane" wrote in message
In a new document cleanup (large, legal financial documents), we apply

the
Table Grid style then directly apply the formatting we need (i.e.,

borders,
decimal tabs, indents). Lately, we have found that the tables in our
documents suddenly change from directly applied formatting to various

styles
(i.e., TOC1, Heading, Index, Balloon Text). There doesn't seem to be

any
rhyme or reason. At first, we thought that it happened upon TOC

update or
Index update. Has anyone seen this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jane Jane is offline

Right, but do you think that would cause the Table Grid style to change to
paragraph styles when someone else opens the document?

"Jane" wrote in message
In a new document cleanup (large, legal financial documents), we

apply
the
Table Grid style then directly apply the formatting we need (i.e.,
borders,
decimal tabs, indents). Lately, we have found that the tables in

our
documents suddenly change from directly applied formatting to

various
styles
(i.e., TOC1, Heading, Index, Balloon Text). There doesn't seem to

be
any
rhyme or reason. At first, we thought that it happened upon TOC
update or
Index update. Has anyone seen this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I can't see why it would, but perhaps the "someone else" who's opening the
document does *not* have "Define styles based on your formatting" disabled?
FWIW, see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/tablestyles/index.html.