Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Dave is offline

Default How do I use field code SECTIONPAGES for a specific section?

Can I use the field code SECTIONPAGES to show the number of pages in a
particular section? If so, how do I do it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes. Insert | Field: SectionPages.

"Dave" wrote in message
Can I use the field code SECTIONPAGES to show the number of pages in a
particular section? If so, how do I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Dave

Dave wrote:
Can I use the field code SECTIONPAGES to show the number of pages in a
particular section? If so, how do I do it?

The SECTIONPAGES field always shows the number of pages of the _current_
section.

If you need that anywhere else, there are a couple of ways to get there
I'm sure. You could bookmark a SECTIONPAGES field in the desired section
and replicate it elsewhere with a cross-reference.

[You can set it to white font color if you don't like to show the
information in the section itself, and force a normal font color via
CHARFORMAT switch to the REF field if need be.]

Or you can bookmark the last character of the section and use a PAGEREF
to that to get the page number (that works if the section restarts
numbering at one; else you need to calculate the page number by
referencing the first character of the section, too).

HTH
Robert
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Dave is offline

This only allows the number of pages in the current section to be displayed.
I have the sections listed at the beginning of a document and wanted to have
the number of pages for each section automatically update.

"Dave" wrote in message
Can I use the field code SECTIONPAGES to show the number of pages in a
particular section? If so, how do I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In that case you need Bob's answer.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote: