Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rolla Rolla is offline

Default default page number position in word 2003

How do I change the default page number position in Word 2003?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

By creating a template that has the page number where you want it. There is
no way to change the default in the Insert | Page Numbers dialog (which
isn't recommended, anyway).

"Rolla" wrote in message
How do I change the default page number position in Word 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rolla Rolla is offline

Thanks. Very helpful. Nice to find out, at last, that it really is impossible
to change the default in the Insert dialog!

"Rolla" wrote in message
How do I change the default page number position in Word 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For more on creating a template (if you need it), see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm. For more
on use of headers and footers, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

By creating a template that has the page number where you want it. There

is
no way to change the default in the Insert | Page Numbers dialog (which
isn't recommended, anyway).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Rolla" wrote in message
How do I change the default page number position in Word 2003?

how to default page number and line number on toolbar paula Microsoft Word Help 4 May 4th 07 01:26 PM
How do I set my default number of columns to 1 in Word 2003? Wolfmingo Microsoft Word Help 1 March 9th 07 09:00 PM
page number in exact position Ram Page Layout 7 February 13th 06 02:36 PM
Page number position patti New Users 2 December 4th 05 03:27 PM
need to change the position of a page number on some pages only Kellykim Microsoft Word Help 1 November 21st 05 11:04 PM