Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
medsecnz medsecnz is offline

Default how do I turn off template prompt to update template when saving

I have templates in Word and now when I am typing the document and saving it
every time I do save as I get the prompt "do you want to update template as
well". Does anyone know how I can get rid of this prompt?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you make a change in the document that will be reflected as a change to
the template there is no way you should attempt to avoid the warning.

However there may be a problem - see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then next time you
quit word and get the prompt agree to it. Does that stop it?

medsecnz wrote:
I have templates in Word and now when I am typing the document and
saving it every time I do save as I get the prompt "do you want to
update template as well". Does anyone know how I can get rid of this
prompt?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John John is offline

Default how do I turn off template prompt to update template when savi

I have the same problem with template prompts, but in my case it prompts for
saving tamplate even if I NEVER made any changes to to the document. Is there
a setting to never prompt for template saving, especially since the orginal
template came from a read only network share, in which we don't want people
saving changes?

medsecnz wrote:
I have templates in Word and now when I am typing the document and
saving it every time I do save as I get the prompt "do you want to
update template as well". Does anyone know how I can get rid of this
prompt?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The alternative is not to prompt, which simply makes the change and that is
definitely not a good plan. The problem with prompts can occur when there
are orphan temporary files. It can also occur when there is a poorly written
add-in loading with Word (Some versions of Acrobat were especially
problematical - but there are others). And I do hope you are not trying to
share normal.dot? You cannot share the Normal.dot file among multiple users
in Word http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811468