Laura

Default Table of Contents cut off

I created my table of contents in Word, with my pages set to 6"x9", and
the entries are all cut off on the right hand side such that you can't
see the page numbers. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Thanks!
Laura

Usually if you generate the TOC after changing margins, Word will
dynamically set the tab stop at the right margin. If you change the margin
after generating the TOC, Word won't change the tab setting even if you
update the TOC. You'll need to change the tab setting in the individual TOC
styles. They can be devilishly hard to access (especially in Word 2002 and
2003); the easiest way is probably through Insert | Reference | Index and
Tables | Table of Contents | Modify... If you're using an earlier version,
go through Format | Styles and select TOC 1, TOC 2, etc.

Alternatively, use Format | Tabs to change the settings in one TOC entry of
each level; the TOC styles are by default set to update automatically, so
the changes should be written back to the style.

"Laura" wrote in message
oups.com...
I created my table of contents in Word, with my pages set to 6"x9", and
the entries are all cut off on the right hand side such that you can't
see the page numbers. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Thanks!
Laura

Laura

Ahhhh! Thanks. I'm sorry I forgot to mention that I use the ancient
Word 97. I was able to go to Format|Styles and modify the Tabs.
Bless you!
Laura