vanstaats

Default Moving rows

I just installed Office 2003. I was hoping that by now Word would let you
quickly move rows up or down in a table. I think I saw that in Framemaker.
Does anyone know if you can do that? I found nothing about it in Help. Thanks!
Pat Garard

G'Day VanStaats,

If you place the cursor to the left of a row, and click to
select that row, you may then Click and Drag the Selection.

Drag the selection up/down. When you 'drop' it, it will be
moved ABOVE the row where it was dropped. To move
rows to the bottom of the Table, 'drop' them just below
(outside) the table.

You may select and move multiple rows, but they must be
contiguous.

Take CARE that, while you Drag and Drop, you
keep the Cursor within Column One (The Left Hand
Column). If you use any other column the results are
unpredictable.

You can do something similar with columns, keeping
the cursor within Row One (Top Row).
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"vanstaats" wrote in message
I just installed Office 2003. I was hoping that by now Word would let you
quickly move rows up or down in a table. I think I saw that in Framemaker.
Does anyone know if you can do that? I found nothing about it in Help.
Thanks!

vanstaats

Thank you SO much! Great answer.

"vanstaats" wrote:

I just installed Office 2003. I was hoping that by now Word would let you
quickly move rows up or down in a table. I think I saw that in Framemaker.
Does anyone know if you can do that? I found nothing about it in Help. Thanks!

Pat Garard

You are MOST welcome!!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"vanstaats" wrote:

I just installed Office 2003. I was hoping that by now Word would let you
quickly move rows up or down in a table. I think I saw that in
Framemaker.
Does anyone know if you can do that? I found nothing about it in Help.
Thanks!

Klaus Linke

You can also use "OutlineMoveDown" and "OutlineMoveUp" (Alt+Shift+DownArrow and
Alt+Shift+UpArrow).
You don't need to select the table row (or paragraph) first, but you can use the
commands with several rows selected, too.

Regards,
Klaus

2002 Word Table Rows Sarah LeV Tables 3 January 28th 05 02:31 AM
Table rows where format is unalterable Hokum New Users 1 January 14th 05 03:49 PM
Excel Link: Adding rows in Excel does not add cells in Word Jameslp Tables 2 December 9th 04 07:18 PM
Remove Rows from a Table after merging Kevin L Mailmerge 1 December 9th 04 11:13 AM
using vba to hide rows in a table Jan Tables 2 December 6th 04 12:40 PM