Jill Kollmann

Default shuts down in a table

When I'm working in a table my computer shuts itself down. I've tried test
tables outside of my working document with the same result. This problem
first appeared after I downloaded a Word document from the California
Department of Transportation, but the problem may have existed before then
and just never shown up. The problem occurs when I have the cursor in the
table and am working on the table. If I am working on text elements in the
document in which the table lives, there is no problem. I can work on a
table for several minutes before it shuts down the first time, and after that
it will shut down avery every 2 or 3 key strokes. My computer is an HP
Pavilion laptop and HP has proposed several radical solutions but I feel like
they are guessing. I installed XP service pack 2 last summer.