Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
doonboggle doonboggle is offline

Default Inserting footer data for page number/Word 2003

I am using Word 2003 that was installed from my Student and Teacher CD. The
disk has only had a couple of usage installations. Did however, upon
receiving it, make a back-up CD copy. But my installation was made from the
original cd.

Problem came to light today when I wanted to insert the page number data;
Page # of # in the footer. When I follow the Help file regarding using the
'Insert Auto-text", nothing is displayed.

I scouted around and in the Help area found an area where the program will
search for errors and repair them. After doing this, got response that file
.... E3561406.CAB is missing and asks me to insert cd which I did, and
directed it to the drive where located. It did it's thing; and advised could
not locate that file.

SO did a search ... am using Vista Home Premium by the way ... and search
showed it as being on the cd under the CAB folder. But, when I tried to find
it on the CD, cannot seem to find the CAB folder myself. Must be hidden.
Wanted to copy-n-paste file to desktop so could redirect Word search process.

Getting frustrated, then did a new Repair installation from cd. It also
detected the file as missing in my installation ... so had it continue with
the Repair process.

BUT it still is not working. Any ideas???

Note: Have not installed any updates or SPs; if that is applicable.

Thanks
--
doon
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The usual cause of missing AutoText is that you have saved a document or
template as Normal.dot; see €śWD2002: Styles and AutoText Are Not Copied to
New Template Based on Normal.dot€ť at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291441