Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
echobunny echobunny is offline

Default how to move separator line of footnotes

I need to have the margins of the text different than the margins of the
footnote, but the separator line stays with the margin of the text and I need
it to stay with the margin of the footnote. How can I move/format the
separator line of a footnote?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. Footnotes are always within
the document margins. Where they appear on a page that ends short is
determined by whether you have set them to be "Bottom of page" or "Below
text."

"echobunny" wrote in message
I need to have the margins of the text different than the margins of the
footnote, but the separator line stays with the margin of the text and I

need
it to stay with the margin of the footnote. How can I move/format the
separator line of a footnote?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

1. View | Normal (View | Draft in Word 2007).

2. View | Footnotes (References tab, Show Notes in Word 2007).

3. In the footnotes pane, choose the footnote separator item. You can indent
it as desired (for example, via the Paragraph dialog box). Note, however,
that negative indents may not work properly for the footnote separator.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP