Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ElCid51 ElCid51 is offline

Default I want the odd page number bottom right, even page number bottom l

I'm using word 2007, and I can not do this, I use to work with word 2000 and
it was very simple to set this up, how can I do this in W2007? and different
numbering for the table of contents which I want it to have roman numerals
for it self. Thanks to anybody that could help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

For general principles, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm, neither of
which has been updated for Word 2007.

Although I am not yet using Word 2007, I get the impression that the Insert
| Page Numbers command, which allowed you to easily select "outside"
placement for page numbers, is no longer in use. Instead, you must insert
page numbers directly in the header or footer (which is generally preferable
but in this case does require a bit of extra work). In order to have
different page number placement in odd and even footers, you must enable
"Different odd and even." Presumably this is still done by checking a box in
Page Layout | Page Setup | Page Setup. You will then have a separate Odd
Page Header/Footer and Even Page Header/Footer where you can place the page
number as desired.

As for using roman numerals in part of the document, as the front matter
article describes, this will require a section break and a few other
settings.

"ElCid51" wrote in message
I'm using word 2007, and I can not do this, I use to work with word 2000
and
it was very simple to set this up, how can I do this in W2007? and
different
numbering for the table of contents which I want it to have roman numerals
for it self. Thanks to anybody that could help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Actually, the Header & Footer Tools ribbon, available once you have
activated the header/footer area, simplifies the task a bit. It allows you
to set the "Different odd and even" option (available only in Page Setup in
previous versions of Word) as well as insert the page numbers.

To set "Different odd and even" there is an option called "Different Odd &
Even Pages" in the Options group of the Header & Footer Tools ribbon.

To insert the page number in the current header: Click the Page Number
button in the Header & Footer group, and then click Current Position. Choose
the desired format. Repeat for the other header.

However, in this particular case the old Insert Page Numbers dialog box
might still be easier (but not necessarily better, of course, since it
inserts the page numbers in small frames). Note that you can access the
dialog box by running the InsertPageNumbers command: Press Alt+F8 to display
the Macros dialog box. For "Macros in," choose "Word commands." Locate the
InsertPageNumbers command, and then click Run.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP