BoiseAimee BoiseAimee is offline
Junior Member

Default Incorrect document properties

I have a weird situation. If I open a file in Word 2007, then view the document properties by clicking on the Microsoft Office Button / Prepare / Properties, the directory where the file is located under “Location” is CORRECT. However, with the same document open, if I go to the Microsoft Office Button / Print and in the “Print What” field select “Document Properties”, the properties printed lists the directory INCORRECTLY.

What I have determined is, if I open a file using the method of: Microsoft Office Button / Open / browse to the file location and then open it, the document property print option will work. But, if I open a file from my list of “recent documents”, the printed version of the document properties will display the location of the last file I actually opened with the browse method.

Its not just one case of incorrect information. I can create this same scenario over and over again with different files in different locations, and on different computers using different profiles. The printed document properties always shows the directory location of the last file opened by using a method other than using the recent documents. I hope I am making sense... this is hard to explain. Yesterday I even had a user that opened a document from an email, review and then closed the file. Then, she opened a different file from her recent document list that she had been working on. When she printed the document properties of this file, the file directory location that printed out on the document property page showed the file was stored in her local temp folder.

Its like Word is caching document properties for the "recent documents", but only when you do the "print" properties function. I can go to the viewable properties and it always shows the correct location.

Any help would be much appreciated. Many of the people I support use this function. I have tested this in Word 2010, and I get the same results... it does not work. However, it works beautifully in 2003.