Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tim Balderston Tim Balderston is offline

Default how do i remove the default japanese greetings in Word 2007

In trying to add greetings and openings to my word documents and email
messages whenever i try to add a greeting the default language showing up is
Japanese. How did it get set that way and how do i change it to use English
only? In the Language settings English is my only language i have set. Even
the openings for my messages and documents pop up in the Japanese language
not English. How can i change this and where?
--
Tim Balderston
iNet Business Solutions
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
A. Vella A. Vella is offline

While we are at it, I have the following related questions I'd like to ask.

Why should the 'Japanese greeting' option be there in the first place? I
thought the Ribbon was supposed to have the most popular buttons - has
Microsoft concluded that a large number of its clients need/want to send
greetings to Japan?!?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Can you describe what you're doing?

Are you typing:

Dear John:

and it's being treated as if it were Japanese? Or are you doing something
else?

Something is clearly amiss. I don't see anything Japanese in Word 2007 (and
if I did... I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to distinguish it from
Chinese or a number of other eastern languages with which I'm not familiar).

Note: In one of the beta versions of Office 2007, some of the eastern
(including Japanese) options appeared in several dialogs. But, I haven't
seen that behavior in the released version.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Tim Balderston" wrote in message
In trying to add greetings and openings to my word documents and email
messages whenever i try to add a greeting the default language showing up
is
Japanese. How did it get set that way and how do i change it to use
English
only? In the Language settings English is my only language i have set.
Even
the openings for my messages and documents pop up in the Japanese language
not English. How can i change this and where?
--
Tim Balderston
iNet Business Solutions

Jerapa Jerapa is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Balderston View Post
In trying to add greetings and openings to my word documents and email
messages whenever i try to add a greeting the default language showing up is
Japanese. How did it get set that way and how do i change it to use English
only? In the Language settings English is my only language i have set. Even
the openings for my messages and documents pop up in the Japanese language
not English. How can i change this and where?
--
Tim Balderston
iNet Business Solutions
To disable Japanese Greetings:

1. In Microsoft Windows, click Start, point to Programs or All Programs, point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office (version) Language Settings.

2. Remove Japanese from the list of enabled languages.