Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KenM KenM is offline

Default Word generates automatic OLE links when selecting Paste Special in

Using 2007 office programs. From Word 2007, copy something and then paste
into Excel 2007. THis is fine, but I want to use Paste Special and just
bring in the text. When I select paste special (not the selection of Text),
Word immediately generates an OLE link in the Word doc.

I don't want to update the word doc with these. Can I control this at all?
Set the default to Text, so it won't use the Word Object as a default (would
need the link).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Ken,

See: http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showto...#entr y799121

--
Cheers
macropod

"KenM" wrote in message ...
Using 2007 office programs. From Word 2007, copy something and then paste
into Excel 2007. THis is fine, but I want to use Paste Special and just
bring in the text. When I select paste special (not the selection of Text),
Word immediately generates an OLE link in the Word doc.

I don't want to update the word doc with these. Can I control this at all?
Set the default to Text, so it won't use the Word Object as a default (would
need the link).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

FWIW the creation of OLE_LINK bookmarks in this kind of case has nothing
to do with Addins such as Acrobat as has been suggested elsewhere. It's
purely that when you do choose to paste a link, for the link to be
updateable there has to be an identifiable source in Word, so a bookmark
is created. Unfortunately it is created as soon as you go into
Paste-Special, rather than when you actually specify that you want to
insert anything.

Perhaps you could work around this by creating a Macro in Excel that does:

ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="Text", Link:=False, DisplayAsIcon:=False

and put the macro in Excel's QAT

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv