Smokeyham Smokeyham is offline
Junior Member

Default Comments Show In Print Preview, but do not print - Word 2007

Hello,

I have comments in a Word 2007 document which show up on print preview, but do not print when I either send it to a physical printer, or when I PDF the document.

I do see the document's text pushed to the left, and the gray vertical bar where the comment should be, and a [ab1] comment-indicator inserted in the document. The only thing I can't get to print is the actual comment!

This happens with any document I create, so I suspect there is a setting in Word Options that needs to be changed, but I can't seem to find anything which works.

Any ideas???
Smokeyham Smokeyham is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeyham View Post
Hello,

I have comments in a Word 2007 document which show up on print preview, but do not print when I either send it to a physical printer, or when I PDF the document.

I do see the document's text pushed to the left, and the gray vertical bar where the comment should be, and a [ab1] comment-indicator inserted in the document. The only thing I can't get to print is the actual comment!

This happens with any document I create, so I suspect there is a setting in Word Options that needs to be changed, but I can't seem to find anything which works.

Any ideas???
Not sure exactly what I did, but the problem, at least for now, seems to have solved itself. If you are experiencing this, try turning Track Changes on, and also ensure that "Document Showing Markup" is choosen in the Print Dialog box when you go to print.

I thought I had both of those already on, but perhaps not. If I find a more definitive answer I will post it here.

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to post!