Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JTK Monson JTK Monson is offline

Default template shortcuts

Hi. I need to use a header and footer on my documents (each of which has to
contain several letters and also non headed documents. Some pages of these
pages will therefore require only one header or footer or neither.

Is there a way of effectively pasting them in ad hoc, with a shortcut key
for each so our secretaries don't want to kill me when they're typing
letters, and don't have to open new documents for each new note or letter?
The header and footer pictures will not go into an auto correct "replace text
as you type" box.

Thanks very much for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Headers and footers (or parts of them) can be stored as AutoText entries. If
they're created in the header/footer pane, they'll be in the Header/Footer
style and will appear on the AutoText menu on the Header and Footer toolbar.
For more on headers and footers, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

"JTK Monson" JTK wrote in message
Hi. I need to use a header and footer on my documents (each of which has

contain several letters and also non headed documents. Some pages of these
pages will therefore require only one header or footer or neither.

Is there a way of effectively pasting them in ad hoc, with a shortcut key
for each so our secretaries don't want to kill me when they're typing
letters, and don't have to open new documents for each new note or letter?
The header and footer pictures will not go into an auto correct "replace

text
as you type" box.

Thanks very much for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

They should be creating a new document for each letter or note. This is not
a big deal. Use folders to group documents.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.