Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KHSPaul KHSPaul is offline

Default Word/Office Version - Regular vs Teacher

I can download Word files done by someone else from web site, but cannot edit
or open them. Is this because I have the teacher student version ie that
version is cheaper and can't work on file done by regular cost version?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

KHSPaul,

Both editions have the same functionality, so that's not the problem. If you can't open the files with Word, how do you know they're
actually Word files? Also, if the files were created in Word 2007 and saved in the new docx format, earlier versions (eg Word 2003,
Word 2000) won't be able to open them unless the Word 2007 converter is installed on those systems. There is no Word 2007 converter
for Word 97 and earlier.

--
Cheers
macropod

"KHSPaul" wrote in message ...
I can download Word files done by someone else from web site, but cannot edit
or open them. Is this because I have the teacher student version ie that
version is cheaper and can't work on file done by regular cost version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Can you edit your own files?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"KHSPaul" wrote in message
I can download Word files done by someone else from web site, but cannot
edit
or open them. Is this because I have the teacher student version ie that
version is cheaper and can't work on file done by regular cost version?

Alda Spinka Alda Spinka is offline
Banned

I think it depends on the type of users. If you are a regular user, then you should go for Regular. But if you are a teacher who wants to teach his/her students about programming, then I would recommend using Teacher. Relevant templates will download from this https://masterbundles.com/templates/...oint/teachers/ source. A teacher should be able to teach the student how to learn, how to read, how to write and how to think for themselves.
Gilda O'Hara Gilda O'Hara is offline
Junior Member

Microsoft Office Word is a great program for those who need to write and edit documents. I use it every day at work, and it does everything I need it to do. I use Word to write letters, reports, business proposals, emails, and it is very easy for me to change the font size or color of text as I type so that everything looks good when printed out. It also has a spellchecker that checks my spelling while I am writing. Visit this https://lordofpaperonline.org/ website for paper writing services.Word also has a calendar feature that lets me organize my work into different projects with deadlines and due dates so that I know when things need to be done next.