Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] faceman28208@yahoo.com is offline

Default Resetting Formatting in a Character Style

Supposed I modify the Emphasis style from "Blank" font face to arial.
How do I modify Emphasis to go back to not changing the font face at
all?

I have tried typing in SPACE, CTRL/SPACE but when I click OK it goes
back to arial.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

With *paragraph* styles, you can use a macro to reset the style definition
(see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/ResetStyles.htm). However, that
method doesn't seem to work with character styles, at least not in Word
2007. Instead, what you can do is copy a "clean" version of the Emphasis
style, say from the Normal template (assuming the style hasn't been modified
in the template of course).

The following approach will always work: Start Word in Safe mode (hold Ctrl
as you start the application). Save a blank document, be sure to apply
Emphasis to some text in that document. Then copy the style to your document
and/or template (using the Organizer dialog box).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP