NWR

Default How to delete that Office Shorcut Bar?

In Office 97, how the heck can I delete that obnoxious Office Shortcut bar
on the right side. I have it in auto hide, but really want to get rid of it
completely.

Shauna Kelly

Hi

I don't have a copy of Word 97 here, but for later versions, this is what to
do.

First, on the Shortcut bar itself, right-click the grey portion on the far
left (top?) of the bar. Choose Exit. It should ask you if you want it to
re-start next time you start Windows. Choose no.

Second, check the Windows startup folders and make sure that there is no
shortcut to MSOffice.exe in your own startup folder or the All Users startup
folder.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word