Peter B.

Default Word Formatting

I have a style that has inserted itself into my documents
called Char1. I have a large trainig manual using a
variety of different styles. Althought the text is
formatted properly, the style name that is displayed is
Char1. If I change the style of the text, it is
reformatted, but the style name remains Char1. This is
maddening and I can't delete it. Any help would be
appreciated.
TF

Try opening the Styles Task Pane: at the bottom, select Custom from the Show
list to open the Format Settings dialog. Click on the Styles button to open
the Styles dialog: then select and delete Char1.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Peter B." wrote in message
:I have a style that has inserted itself into my documents
: called Char1. I have a large trainig manual using a
: variety of different styles. Althought the text is
: formatted properly, the style name that is displayed is
: Char1. If I change the style of the text, it is
: reformatted, but the style name remains Char1. This is
: maddening and I can't delete it. Any help would be
: appreciated.

Thanks but I've already tried that. In fact, It tells me
it cannot delete it, but when I close the window it's
gone until the next time I open the document it's back.
Sometimes it just appears on its own.
Try opening the Styles Task Pane: at the bottom, select

Custom from the Show
list to open the Format Settings dialog. Click on the

Styles button to open
the Styles dialog: then select and delete Char1.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Peter B." wrote

in message
:I have a style that has inserted itself into my

documents
: called Char1. I have a large trainig manual using a
: variety of different styles. Althought the text is
: formatted properly, the style name that is displayed is
: Char1. If I change the style of the text, it is
: reformatted, but the style name remains Char1. This is
: maddening and I can't delete it. Any help would be
: appreciated.

.

TF

The template must be corrupt: you will probably have to create a new one
because opening the corrupt template will probably bring the corruption
across to the new one. You could try copying and pasting all but the final
paragraph mark into a new document and saving it as a template, but I doubt
it will clear the problem.

Terry

wrote in message
:
: Thanks but I've already tried that. In fact, It tells me
: it cannot delete it, but when I close the window it's
: gone until the next time I open the document it's back.
: Sometimes it just appears on its own.
: Try opening the Styles Task Pane: at the bottom, select
: Custom from the Show
: list to open the Format Settings dialog. Click on the
: Styles button to open
: the Styles dialog: then select and delete Char1.
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
: "Peter B." wrote
: in message
: ...
: :I have a style that has inserted itself into my
: documents
: : called Char1. I have a large trainig manual using a
: : variety of different styles. Althought the text is
: : formatted properly, the style name that is displayed is
: : Char1. If I change the style of the text, it is
: : reformatted, but the style name remains Char1. This is
: : maddening and I can't delete it. Any help would be
: : appreciated.
:
:
: .