Gauranga

Default requesting virus scan

I have XP and AVG virus software. All of a sudden when
opening Word it has slowed down tremendously and at the
bottom of the page it says 'requesting virus scan'.

How can I turn off this feature? I cannot find anything
in my virus software nor in Word.

Any suggestions? It is a well known problem with Norton
and one can disable the 'scan on opening documents'
easily. But not with AVG. What to do?

Gauranga