Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Michael Michael is offline

Default Merging Cells

Hi Folks - I have a large table column like this:

Text
Blank
Text
Blank

I need to merge every two rows. So, now I have 100 rows, the end result will
be 50 rows. I know I can do this manually, but I have about 20 tables with
100 rows. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi Michael,

have a large table column like this:

Text
Blank
Text
Blank

I need to merge every two rows. So, now I have 100 rows, the end result will
be 50 rows. I know I can do this manually, but I have about 20 tables with
100 rows. Any ideas?

See if a macro like this helps (only tested on a smallish table)

Sub MergeEverySecondCell()
Dim tbl As Word.Table
Dim counter As Long
Dim col As Word.Column