Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
AngieB AngieB is offline

Default add arrows to tables

Using Microsoft Word. Have table with text added. Now need to add arrows to
document inside table and outside table. I can place beginning and end
points to my arrows but when I let go of mouse there is no line. What comes
up on screen is what looks to me like large text box around the entire table.
What am I doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Try adding text boxes with arrows in them.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"AngieB" wrote in message
Using Microsoft Word. Have table with text added. Now need to add arrows
document inside table and outside table. I can place beginning and end
points to my arrows but when I let go of mouse there is no line. What
comes
up on screen is what looks to me like large text box around the entire
table.
What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
AngieB AngieB is offline

JoAnn thank you. If you can envision 4 box table and words in the center of
each box then having to put arrows from the words in one box crossing the
border into another box (across & up/down)... that's what I need help
with....

"AngieB" wrote in message
Using Microsoft Word. Have table with text added. Now need to add arrows
document inside table and outside table. I can place beginning and end
points to my arrows but when I let go of mouse there is no line. What
comes
up on screen is what looks to me like large text box around the entire
table.
What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Another thing that will probably help is to go to Tools Options
General and uncheck the box for "Automatically create drawing canvas
when inserting AutoShapes". (The large text box you mentioned is the
drawing canvas. It's meant to group together all the objects in a
drawing, but most of us think it's just a PITA.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"AngieB" wrote in message
Using Microsoft Word. Have table with text added. Now need to add arrows
document inside table and outside table. I can place beginning and end
points to my arrows but when I let go of mouse there is no line. What
comes
up on screen is what looks to me like large text box around the entire
table.
What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Ewwwww! You must be a glutton for punishment. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]