Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Kate Vaughn Kate Vaughn is offline

Default How can I Insert a column into a table that contains split cells

Is there some way to "ignore" the split cells so that a column is inserted
according to the format of the cell or section you have highlighted rather
than having to unmerge and replit all the cells? I am having to re-arrange
order columns that have already been formatted with extra cells for
alignment, etc. and I need a quick way recreate a formatted column!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil Jean-Guy Marcil is offline

Kate Vaughn was telling us:
Kate Vaughn nous racontait que :

Is there some way to "ignore" the split cells so that a column is
inserted according to the format of the cell or section you have
highlighted rather than having to unmerge and replit all the cells?
I am having to re-arrange order columns that have already been
formatted with extra cells for alignment, etc. and I need a quick way
recreate a formatted column!

You could split the table above and below the merged cells row...
Then add the columns to the three bits, and then delete the ¶ between the
isolated row and the tables above and below.

But all in all, adding columns to a table with merged cell is a going to
require lots of manipulation.

From experience, I find that the unmerging/merging is faster, but again, it
depends on the table format/design.

--