Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
garmen garmen is offline

Default Fit Table to Page Margins - Word 2002

Dear All,

I am trying to do something on word and I would like to know if there
is a facility on word 2002 that allows me to create a table that fits
to the page margins automatically according to the number of columns
and rows I want to insert.

I look forward to receiving any help regarding this matter.

Many thanks
garmen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

When you insert a table in a Word document, it automatically fills the space
between margins. If you want to maintain margin width after that, set the
table width to 100%.

"garmen" wrote in message
ups.com...
Dear All,

I am trying to do something on word and I would like to know if there
is a facility on word 2002 that allows me to create a table that fits
to the page margins automatically according to the number of columns
and rows I want to insert.

I look forward to receiving any help regarding this matter.

Many thanks
garmen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
garmen garmen is offline

Default Fit Table to Page Margins - Microsoft Word 2002

Dear Suzanne Barnhill,

Thank you very much for your reply. I understand what you are saying,
but I guess I didn't explain the situation properly. When I said I
wanted to fit the table to the margins, I meant ALL the margins, not
only the Left and Right (fit table width 100%), but also Top and Bottom
margins.

If you have any idea how to do this automatically, instead of doing it
manually (calculating the height per row by [dividing the height
between margins with the number of rows]) please let me know.

Many thanks
Garmen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I don't believe there's any way to do this automatically. You can get a
rather strange effect if you set the vertical alignment of the page
(section) to Justified. This will spread out the table rows from top to
bottom, but it doesn't actually increase the row height until you add text
to the rows. And you're stuck with an empty paragraph below the table.
Moreover, if you add borders to the table, they appear only on the tops and
sides of the rows, which don't meet.

oups.com...