Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rick E Baker Rick E Baker is offline

Default Table Second Page

Don't see a FAQ section in this forum so here goes:

Whenever I make a table that goes all the way to the bottom margin a second,
blank page is created and shows in print preview.

Is there a way to get rid of the paragraph mark/and that second page?

Rick in Tacoma

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

You can't get rid of it completely: every document MUST end with a paragraph
mark. However you can normally cheat it out: select it, set the font size to
1pt and the before and after spacing to zero. If that still doesn't quite do
it, reduce the bottom margin a smidgin.

"Rick E Baker" wrote in message
Don't see a FAQ section in this forum so here goes:

Whenever I make a table that goes all the way to the bottom margin a
second, blank page is created and shows in print preview.

Is there a way to get rid of the paragraph mark/and that second page?

Rick in Tacoma

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rick E Baker Rick E Baker is offline

Thanks for your reply but I think I solved the problem; just put it all
inside a frame (not a text box--Word won't let you do that) and it confines
itself to one page!

Rick in Tacoma

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rick E Baker Rick E Baker is offline

I had drawing objects in the table--it won't let you place a table with them
in a text box.

Rick in Tacoma

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Ah, okay. But can you have wrapped drawing objects in a table in a frame?
The wrapping is the only thing that would matter. Otherwise, you should be
able to have the inline objects in a text box. If they're wrapped, they have
to be anchored outside the table, but in that case text in the table
couldn't wrap around them.