Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jackie D Jackie D is offline

Default row problem

I've got a table made up of two colums and a dozen rows in Word 2003. I have
'allow to break across page' selected. But one row had detached itself from
the rest leaving a huge empty space on the previous page which I don't want.

I've tried hitting the delete key in the empty space which usually gets rid
of the gap. It's not working this time. I thought maybe it was a paragraph
formatting problem to do with the text inside the cell but 'keep with next'
isn't selected either.
--
Can anyone please help?

Thank you
Jackie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil Jean-Guy Marcil is offline

Jackie D was telling us:
Jackie D nous racontait que :

I've got a table made up of two colums and a dozen rows in Word 2003.
I have 'allow to break across page' selected. But one row had
detached itself from the rest leaving a huge empty space on the

I've tried hitting the delete key in the empty space which usually
gets rid of the gap. It's not working this time. I thought maybe it
was a paragraph formatting problem to do with the text inside the
cell but 'keep with next' isn't selected either.

Have you checked if one of the paragraph in the problem row has "Page Beak
Before" activated (Format Paragraph... Lines and Page Breaks tab).

--
Salut!
_______________________________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jackie D Jackie D is offline

--
Can anyone please help?

Thank you
Jackie

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

Jackie D was telling us:
Jackie D nous racontait que :

I've got a table made up of two colums and a dozen rows in Word 2003.
I have 'allow to break across page' selected. But one row had
detached itself from the rest leaving a huge empty space on the

I've tried hitting the delete key in the empty space which usually
gets rid of the gap. It's not working this time. I thought maybe it
was a paragraph formatting problem to do with the text inside the
cell but 'keep with next' isn't selected either.

Have you checked if one of the paragraph in the problem row has "Page Beak
Before" activated (Format Paragraph... Lines and Page Breaks tab).
Hi Jean-Guy

I've checked and I don't have page break before activated. However, I didn't
mention that I've inserted photos into the table. Perhaps the photos has
caused the preceding blank space? If it has, is there a way I can correct it?

Jackie
--
Salut!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[...]

That is a major omission! ;-)

photos has caused the preceding blank space? If it has, is there a
way I can correct it?

You will have to reduce the photo until it fits on the preceding page, or
change the layout altogether.

--
Salut!