Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
kas kas is offline

Default elegant resume.dot - what creates the borders?

I'm currently trying to update my cv which is based on this Wod template. I
need to get rid of a couple of these borders but I've no idea how they are
created as they don't seem to be table borders or paragraph borders. Any
ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

They certainly appear to be paragraph borders, and the Reveal Formatting
task pane confirms this, as it says, "Borders: Bottom: (Single solid line,
Gray-50%, 0.75 pt).

The Borders dialog appears to deny this, and formatting the paragraph or
cell as No Border (using the toolbar button) doesn't help. But if you go to
the Borders dialog with the insertion point in the paragraph and choose
Paragraph in the "Apply to" box, then click None, the border is removed.

This seems to me unnecessarily tricky. I think the issue is that there is no
way to select the paragraph without selecting the entire cell, and No Border
then applies to the cell rather than the paragraph.