Al Schneider

Default Insert image pages in text flow

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to have regularly paginated empty (image) pages in the
flow of the text. This sounds simpler than it is and I hope to achieve it
without tweaking. Here's what I'm trying to do:

Somewhere on page 123 a photo is mentioned, somewhere on page 125 another
photo is mentioned. The next following whole page (e.g. 126) should contain
the two pictures. This should work even if the reference to the second
picture (due to newly inserted text) is now on page 126 (then the image page
should be on 127). Page numbering should continue through the whole
document. I expect to have several such image pages in the document, with
one to three images each.

So far the only way I see is waiting until the text is final and then
messing around with forced page breaks and numbering. Are there any better
ways?

Al

Al Schneider

Hi again,

excuse me for replying to my own posting, yet at least I found a workaround
and this might interest other readers. It is actually just a tweak which may
only be applied at a stage where there are no more other edits to the text.

I wrote:

Somewhere on page 123 a photo is mentioned, somewhere on page 125 another
photo is mentioned. The next following whole page (e.g. 126) should
contain the two pictures. This should work even if the reference to the
second picture (due to newly inserted text) is now on page 126 (then the
image page should be on 127). Page numbering should continue through the
whole document. I expect to have several such image pages in the document,
with one to three images each.

I now add a drawing canvas with (at least) the same size as the whole body
text frame on the page following the mention. Text flows regularly (without
breaks) on the page preceding the drawing canvas page and continues on the
page following the drawing canvas page. It kinda works.

Now if only I could anchor the drawing canvas to a paragraph on the
preceding page. Yet, I see no anchor and even if I would, I haven't figured
out a way to anchor something to paragraphs on other pages than the actual
frame.

I just thought I share this. If somebody comes up with a solution to my
initial problem I would still welcome it.

Al

Numbers to appear at the cursor... ~D~ New Users 11 February 1st 05 05:49 AM
Insert, edit and delete text in protected document homeofbonnie Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 05 03:31 PM
Word 2003 Insert Text Box Providing Canvas and Text Box s00t00 Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 05 03:05 AM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 03:49 PM
how do i adjust text alignment in labels after inserting an image Doug Robbins Microsoft Word Help 2 November 29th 04 11:53 AM