Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bgray1796 bgray1796 is offline

Default How do I use "Page Color" in Word 2007?

In the Page Layout tab, there is an option labeled "Page Color" and an
explanation to "Choose a color for the background of the page."

I can see the background color as I type, but not in "Print Preview" and it
does not print the background color.

When I search help for "Page Color" there are a lot of answers that do not
address the topic.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

There's an option in Office Button Word Options Display Printing
Options that must be checked to make this work: "Print background
colors and images".

That said, printing a solid color background will be a very expensive
proposition compared to buying colored paper. It makes sense only if
you're printing just an occasional colored page, or a texture or
pattern background found on the Fill Effects dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman