Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Kate[_2_] Kate[_2_] is offline

Default Remove 'blank' pages using VBA

Hello,
I have a template that contains bookmarks with
text inserted into the bookmark area, for
identification of the bookmark to me, the
developer. The template is used to print many
reports, some of which only use some of the bookmarks.

If a page contains these bookmarks but no graphic
has been pasted over them, a blank
page will appear in my report.

How do I search for pages which have no text
visible when 'paragraph marks' is turned off, so
that I can delete them? What is the code to
detect 'blank page?'

Thank you,
Kate
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Russ[_3_] Russ[_3_] is offline

If you are talking a hidden-font text, there are options in the print tab to
not print hidden text or not show graphics.

--
Russ

drsmN0SPAMikleAThotmailD0Tcom.INVALID

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Kate[_2_] Kate[_2_] is offline

Russ, thanks for the tip, but I do have 'hidden
text' unchecked on the print tab...

I want to force a page break at the end of each
topic, but only if there's something
visible on a page.

Russ wrote:
If you are talking a hidden-font text, there are options in the print tab to
not print hidden text or not show graphics.

Hello,
I have a template that contains bookmarks with
text inserted into the bookmark area, for
identification of the bookmark to me, the
developer. The template is used to print many
reports, some of which only use some of the bookmarks.

If a page contains these bookmarks but no graphic
has been pasted over them, a blank
page will appear in my report.

How do I search for pages which have no text
visible when 'paragraph marks' is turned off, so
that I can delete them? What is the code to
detect 'blank page?'

Thank you,
Kate

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Kate[_2_] Kate[_2_] is offline

I think I've fixed it, using your tip. I hadn't
hidden all the extra paragraph marks, just the
text, so extra lines were still being inserted.

Thanks! -Kate