Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chris Mitchell Chris Mitchell is offline

Default How do I insert a file as an icon?

I have a document into which I have inserted an Outlook message which
appears as an icon that readers can click to open and read.

I want to do the same with a PowerPoint presentation, but when I insert the
file, slide 1 of 3 is incorporated in my document as a picture, and the
other slides are no where to be seen.

How can I insert the presentation such that it appears as an icon that the
reader can click to open and view?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In Word 2003 or earlier, click on Insert | Object | Create from File tab

Chris Mitchell wrote:

I have a document into which I have inserted an Outlook message which
appears as an icon that readers can click to open and read.

I want to do the same with a PowerPoint presentation, but when I insert the
file, slide 1 of 3 is incorporated in my document as a picture, and the
other slides are no where to be seen.

How can I insert the presentation such that it appears as an icon that the
reader can click to open and view?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chris Mitchell Chris Mitchell is offline

Thanks garfield-n-oldie

Any suggestions as to where I could find a PowerPoint Icon to replace the
'box of tricks' which I assume is the default?

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Chris Mitchell wrote:

I have a document into which I have inserted an Outlook message which
appears as an icon that readers can click to open and read.

I want to do the same with a PowerPoint presentation, but when I insert
the file, slide 1 of 3 is incorporated in my document as a picture, and
the other slides are no where to be seen.

How can I insert the presentation such that it appears as an icon that
the reader can click to open and view?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

The default *is* to use the associated app's standard icon - in the case of
PPt it looks like a dogeared sheet of paper with the PPt logo superimposed
on it's upper left portion. If you're getting something else could it be
that the system you're working on _doesn't_ have PPt installed? What do you
mean by "box of tricks"?
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones