Regina

Default Symbol user error

In using Word 2002, I tried to get the list of symbols to
appear but had no luck and got diverted but now Word is
not using the proper symbols such as the colon or dash -
it's only Word as typing in Outlook is fine.
This might be an obscure question but does anyone know how
I can revert back to my former keyboard, undoing whatever
I mistkenly did to the symbol font?
Thanks for any ideas as I feel like a real idiot!
Regina