Dustin Deck

Default Caption formating

How do I change the format of a Caption so it is always the same and I don't
have to change it each time?

I want the captions to be; bold label, unbold caption

BoldFigure 1.2:End Bold This is the second figure

My problems are that it is all bold, and that it come in 10 font and left
justified.
I tried creating a style for it, so I can just select the text and change
it, but it make everything bold (or not bold).

Any ideas?

There's no way to do this with styles other than to use a character style
for the label. If you used autonumbering from the Bullets and Numbering
dialog, you could format the number and its accompanying text as bold, and
you could apply this numbering to the Caption style, and you could still
cross-reference captions as "Numbered items," but you might lose some of the
other "magic" qualities of captions, which are ordinarily numbered with SEQ
fields.

"Dustin Deck" wrote in message
How do I change the format of a Caption so it is always the same and I

don't
have to change it each time?

I want the captions to be; bold label, unbold caption

BoldFigure 1.2:End Bold This is the second figure

My problems are that it is all bold, and that it come in 10 font and left
justified.
I tried creating a style for it, so I can just select the text and change
it, but it make everything bold (or not bold).

Any ideas?

Stefan Blom

Formatting the paragraph mark of an inserted caption paragraph as
hidden would allow you to use a style with no bold formatting after
it. Of course, the result will look correctly only if "Hidden text" is
cleared on the View tab of ToolsOptions, and it will print correctly
if "Hidden text" is cleared on the Print tab of ToolsOptions.

--
Stefan Blom

"Dustin Deck" wrote in message
How do I change the format of a Caption so it is always the same and

I don't
have to change it each time?

I want the captions to be; bold label, unbold caption

BoldFigure 1.2:End Bold This is the second figure

My problems are that it is all bold, and that it come in 10 font and

left
justified.
I tried creating a style for it, so I can just select the text and

change
it, but it make everything bold (or not bold).

Any ideas?

jay

use a macro to select each paragraph with the style "caption" and
format the correct portion of it as "bold"?
jay

Stefan Blom

If you want to use a macro, I think you should have it apply a
character style, instead. This would make it easy to change formatting
in the future, if necessary.

--
Stefan Blom

"jay" wrote in message
oups.com...
use a macro to select each paragraph with the style "caption" and
format the correct portion of it as "bold"?
jay

jay

(oops - blush) excellent idea!
when possible, do it with style(s).