Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Adam Adam is offline

Default Can i stop Word setting my text to US english instead of UK

Whenever i paste text into a document i am workign on in UK english word
detects that piece of text as US english and then tells me that words are
spelt incorrectly because they are using the UK spelling. Can any one sugest
a way to fix this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The proofing language is a formatting character applied to the text. If you
paste text complete with its formatting, then of course it will retain the
proofing language. As most web pages are formatted in US English then that
is what you get. Use Edit Paste Special Unformatted text to paste the
text without its formatting. Or apply the required lanuage format to the
pasted text.

Adam wrote:
Whenever i paste text into a document i am workign on in UK english
word detects that piece of text as US english and then tells me that
words are spelt incorrectly because they are using the UK spelling.
Can any one sugest a way to fix this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ASohaney ASohaney is offline

Goto control panle & choose "Regional & Language Setting" and chnage your
language to "English (United Kingdom)"