Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
adman96 adman96 is offline

Default Word 2003 Document Print Output

Hi All

Am currently at my wits end and i wondered if anyone could help.

I have a 1 page document that i want to print out as a 8cm long by 5.5cm
wide format, printed in a portrait setup and about the size of a playing
card. Altering the page setup cascades the document over several pages or
when i get close to a size, the print is tiny and unreadable.

Where am i going wrong? Any help would be wonderful.

Thank you for your time

Adam
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"adman96" wrote:

Hi All

Am currently at my wits end and i wondered if anyone could help.

I have a 1 page document that i want to print out as a 8cm long by 5.5cm
wide format, printed in a portrait setup and about the size of a playing
card. Altering the page setup cascades the document over several pages or
when i get close to a size, the print is tiny and unreadable.

Where am i going wrong? Any help would be wonderful.

Thank you for your time

Hum...
If, as you write: "when i get close to a size, the print is tiny and
unreadable", this simply means you have too much text for the size you want
to print... No?
You then need to print many 8cm X 5.5cm cards.

Or am I missing something from your explanation?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
adman96 adman96 is offline

Hi Jean-Guy

I don't think i described my problem properly, sorry about that.

I am trying to print out a document so that the print out could be stuck
onto a 5cm x 8cm playing card. I tried creating a page that was these
dimensions but even on font size 8 i am not having any luck. Imagine like a
top trumps card or Magic The Gathering (tm) game card.

Is this beyond the scope of my printer? (Epson stylus C20UX)

Thanks again

Adam

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

"adman96" wrote:

Hi All

Am currently at my wits end and i wondered if anyone could help.

I have a 1 page document that i want to print out as a 8cm long by 5.5cm
wide format, printed in a portrait setup and about the size of a playing
card. Altering the page setup cascades the document over several pages or
when i get close to a size, the print is tiny and unreadable.

Where am i going wrong? Any help would be wonderful.

Thank you for your time

Hum...
If, as you write: "when i get close to a size, the print is tiny and
unreadable", this simply means you have too much text for the size you want
to print... No?
You then need to print many 8cm X 5.5cm cards.

Or am I missing something from your explanation?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"adman96" wrote:

Hi Jean-Guy

I don't think i described my problem properly, sorry about that.

I am trying to print out a document so that the print out could be stuck
onto a 5cm x 8cm playing card. I tried creating a page that was these
dimensions but even on font size 8 i am not having any luck. Imagine like a
top trumps card or Magic The Gathering (tm) game card.

Is this beyond the scope of my printer? (Epson stylus C20UX)

Yes, I did understand. If you have to print at such a small font size that
it is not readable, then you have too much content in the area you want to
print.

But, if you need size 8 (meaning that font size is sufficient for the
content you have), but it is unreadable becasue it is smudgy or fuzzy, then
yes, this is a printer problem. You may want to clean the printing head or
"borrow" a friend's laser printer or higher quality ink jet one.
I have printed 8 points on an ink jet before with satisfactory results, but
you need an ink jet that can do high resolutin for better results. Make sure
you set the printer to its highest quality output (not draft quality).