Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
F*SH F*SH is offline

Default Highlight stuck on white

Hi there!

I'm trying to make a paragraph of text have a pale background to highlight
it. I set the paragraph background colour to the one I want and it works well.

The problem is that the text in the paragraph is always highlighted in
white. That is to say, although the paragraph's general background in my
desired colour, the text is on a localised white background (which appears to
be on top of the paragraph colour).

The highlight colour is definitely set to "No Color".

I can't set the highlight colour to the paragraph colour unfortunately as
there is no highligh colour pale enough - they are all bright ones!

Any ideas how I can set the text background to transparent or otherwise
remove this "white highlighting"?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
F*SH F*SH is offline

Just to illustrate the problem at hand:

http://i41.tinypic.com/9h2tz5.png

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
F*SH F*SH is offline

Just to illustrate the problem at hand:

http://i41.tinypic.com/9h2tz5.png

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Select the text and go to Format | Borders and Shading. On the Shading tab,
set the shading color for the text to No Fill.

http://word.mvps.org

"F*SH" wrote in message
Hi there!

I'm trying to make a paragraph of text have a pale background to highlight
it. I set the paragraph background colour to the one I want and it works
well.

The problem is that the text in the paragraph is always highlighted in
white. That is to say, although the paragraph's general background in my
desired colour, the text is on a localised white background (which appears
be on top of the paragraph colour).

The highlight colour is definitely set to "No Color".

I can't set the highlight colour to the paragraph colour unfortunately as
there is no highligh colour pale enough - they are all bright ones!

Any ideas how I can set the text background to transparent or otherwise
remove this "white highlighting"?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
F*SH F*SH is offline

Hi Suzanne, thanks for your quick reply!

I'm in Word 2007 so I don't have an explicit "Format" Menu (at least, that I
can see).

On the ribbon, I have options for "Shading" and "Borders" in the Paragraph
group, but no such elements for the text group. The buttons I do see don't
see to be useful, nor does the expanded dialogue for either the Paragraph nor
Font groups..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It always helps to state what version you're using, especially if it's Word
2007! In the Paragraph group, click on the arrow beside the Borders button.
Borders and Shading is the last menu entry. On the Shading tab, make sure
that "Text" is selected under "Apply to."

http://word.mvps.org