Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Filippo Filippo is offline

Default Formatting automatic table of contents

After I format the table of contents, if I right click on the table and
select Update Field because I need to update the table, I loose all the
formatting that I have done earlier. How can I make the format of the table
permanent?

Thanks

Filippo
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If none of the 9 built-in TOC styles suits your requirements, edit one of
them to the format you require and apply it to the TOC field.