Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
don don is offline

Default Justification Right Question

I scan deed documents (all documents are left and right justified with the
exception of the indentation of paragraphs). After scanning, I need to edit
the document but Microsoft Word 2003 seems to have lost the justification
(right margin). How can I retain the left and right margins to be the same as
the original document?
--
don

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 17:36:01 -0700, don wrote:

I scan deed documents (all documents are left and right justified with the
exception of the indentation of paragraphs). After scanning, I need to edit
the document but Microsoft Word 2003 seems to have lost the justification
(right margin). How can I retain the left and right margins to be the same as
the original document?

Your argument really is not with Word but with the optical character recognition
(OCR) software that's converting the scanned picture into text, which is where
the formatting is getting lost -- but if you're getting anything even close to
reasonable from the OCR, you're doing better than most.

Select the text that should be justified and press Ctrl+J. If the line endings
are different from those in the original, you may be able to make it better by
dragging the right margin in or out slightly (use the marker on the ruler, and
press the Alt key to get finer control).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Convert .doc or .rtf to .txt and keep right justification? Peppy Page Layout 2 June 16th 07 10:48 AM
Justification in all Styles ll Microsoft Word Help 2 April 12th 07 04:06 PM
Justification gilbertaue Microsoft Word Help 1 June 5th 05 04:35 PM
Justification IMD Page Layout 1 March 10th 05 09:06 PM
justification Nelson Moffat Microsoft Word Help 4 November 29th 04 07:05 PM