Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Linda Aldrich Linda Aldrich is offline

Default Hyperlink to Another Document

I have 18 protected templates that I would like the end user to be able to
jump from one to the other when they have completed filling in the fields on
each. I've setup a macrobutton as outlined in the article "Using hyperlinks
in protected forms" as shown below:

Macro:
Sub FollowLink()
Selection.Hyperlinks(1).Follow
End Sub

MacroButton:

{MacroButton "FollowLink" {HYPERLINK"1B%20Physician%20Info.dot"}}

The hyperlink goes to document in the Current Folder (which is a network
path: \\PCASJISSHARED\SHARED\Cardiovasclar Self Care Program\Patients\z PHR
TEMPLATES\1B Physician Info.dot). If I re-protect the document, and click
on the link the first time, the document opens. If I close eachof the
documents and re-open the document with the link, and double-click on it, I
get an hour-glass. I've checked VB for the code, and it had disappeared. I
re-enter the code for "Followlink" and try it again, I get the same results.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Linda Aldrich