Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Default Remove non-style character formatting

How do I remove the non-style character formatting from a paragraph?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Select the text you want to reset.
Press Ctrl+Spacebar to remove any direct font formatting (e.g. bold, italic).
Press Ctrl+Q to reset the paragraph(s) to the formatting of the underlying
paragraph style.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Eric" wrote:

How do I remove the non-style character formatting from a paragraph?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Thanks.

A related problem: In Word 2003, I try to reapply the style to the paragraph
(click in the style box on the toolbar, hit Enter, select "Reapply the
formatting of the style to the selection"). Then I do the same thing again
just to be sure - and I discover that Word again gives me the same choice,
which suggests that it *didn't* fully reapply the formatting of the style to
the text. Any idea what's happening here?

Thanks.

"Eric" wrote:

How do I remove the non-style character formatting from a paragraph?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The dialog box opens as a result of having Tools Options Edit tab
€ťPrompt to update style€ť turned on. It opens whenever you try to reapply a
style not matter whether the selected paragraph(s) are already €śclean€ť or not.

You can turn off the option and the dialog box will no longer appear.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Eric" wrote:

How do I remove the non-style character formatting from a paragraph?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Thanks. I didn't realize that. I thought that if the selected paragraph was
"clean", I wouldn't get that choice.