Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Millie[_2_] Millie[_2_] is offline

Default Numbering cells vertically in Word 2007

Is it possible to number cells vertically instead of horizontally in Word 2007?
--
Millie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Tables are filled left to right, but you can put anything you want in the
cells of a table. What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Millie wrote:
Is it possible to number cells vertically instead of horizontally in
Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Suzette Suzette is offline

I'm having the same issue. I want to number the first column 1, 2, 3, 4 and
the second column 5, 6, 7, 8; not have then number 1-2, 3-4, etc. I can
achieve this by first numbering the first column and then numbering the
second column, and then selecting the numbers in the second column and
changing the start numbering value. But that is an aweful lot of steps to
achieve simple numbering. Any ideas?
Thanks, Suzette

Millie wrote:
Is it possible to number cells vertically instead of horizontally in
Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It will always be complicated to number Word tables in any manner other than
that Word intends i.e. left to right. One way would be to insert sequence
SEQ fields in each cell with separate sequences for each column. You can do
this with a macro after you have created your table, but before filling it
e.g.as follows, which will number a table by column no matter how many rows
or columns.

Sub NumberCellsByColumn()
Dim oTable As Table
Dim oCell As Range