Stefan Robert

Default Multiple templates

Hello,

I want to start organizing myself with word.

During the day I use multiple templates for doing my work.

I have more than 1 template for long documents (depending with whom I
work), I have other templates for short letters.

Now, what I find annoying is that even if I defined custom styles in
separate templates, from time to time I always have to change the
Heading styles back to what I want because it stayed in the format of
the previous template I used.

Is there a way to make sure my Heading styles always follows the
template I use? Or is there some work around I can do before starting
Word?

Thanks,

Stéfan

Robert M. Franz

Hello Stefan

Stefan Robert wrote:
During the day I use multiple templates for doing my work.

I have more than 1 template for long documents (depending with whom I
work), I have other templates for short letters.

Now, what I find annoying is that even if I defined custom styles in
separate templates, from time to time I always have to change the
Heading styles back to what I want because it stayed in the format of
the previous template I used.

If you can reproduce this, it would be most interesting. Certainly
nothing I have ever seen myself, nor seen reported.

So my starting suggestion would be that what you think is happening is
not really what does happen: Rather that Word replaces the header style
(it is the style that actually changes?) in your document with one from
another template, it updates it based on your formatting. Or it's not a
style change at all, but direct formatting (maybe through copy/paste
and/or some Word AutoFormatAsYouDon'tLook ...

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS