Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
e125 e125 is offline

Default Making Custom Dictionaries More Accessible?

I work with Latin texts and want to add works to my customized Latin
dictionary. I know of only one way to access this dictionary (i.e., Tools
menu, click Options, and then click the Spelling & Grammar tab etc). Is there
a way I can set up a button the tool bar or create a macro to access this
immediately without this 5 step process? I have looked at the customization
feature in Word and have not figured this out. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I don't know of a way to make the actual dictionary more accessible, but
it's pretty simple to make it easier to add words. If you temporarily make
it your default custom dictionary, then every time you right-click on a
"misspelled" word and chose Add to Dictionary, it will be added to that
dictionary.

"e125" wrote in message
I work with Latin texts and want to add works to my customized Latin
dictionary. I know of only one way to access this dictionary (i.e., Tools
menu, click Options, and then click the Spelling & Grammar tab etc). Is
there
a way I can set up a button the tool bar or create a macro to access this
immediately without this 5 step process? I have looked at the
customization
feature in Word and have not figured this out. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
e125 e125 is offline

Thank you for the response. I am still having some difficulty though, Word
2003 has my Latin dictionary and my custom_002 dictionary set as the default
simultaneously. I think your suggestion will work, the trick is getting Word
to think that Latin alone is the default dictionary temporarily, as you
suggested.

"e125" wrote in message
I work with Latin texts and want to add works to my customized Latin
dictionary. I know of only one way to access this dictionary (i.e., Tools
menu, click Options, and then click the Spelling & Grammar tab etc). Is
there
a way I can set up a button the tool bar or create a macro to access this
immediately without this 5 step process? I have looked at the
customization
feature in Word and have not figured this out. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I wasn't aware that you could make more than one dictionary the *default*
dictionary. Indeed, I don't believe you can. The green check mark means a
dictionary is in use. But there should be only one with "(default)" beside
it.

BTW, one (slight) shortcut for getting to Tools | Options | Spelling &
Grammar is to put Options on a toolbar; I actually have it on my menu bar
because I have to refer to it constantly in answering NG posts. Once you've
done that, it will display the last-used tab every time you open it.

Any even slicker trick would be to open your dictionary file manually (it's
just a text file, and you can navigate to the folder where it's stored and
open it just as you would any other file), then add it to the Work menu (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/WorkMenu.htm if you're not already using
the Work menu). That's still two clicks, but it gets you right to it.

"e125" wrote in message
I work with Latin texts and want to add works to my customized Latin
dictionary. I know of only one way to access this dictionary (i.e.,
Tools
menu, click Options, and then click the Spelling & Grammar tab etc). Is
there
a way I can set up a button the tool bar or create a macro to access
this
immediately without this 5 step process? I have looked at the
customization
feature in Word and have not figured this out. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
e125 e125 is offline

Ms. Barnhill:

Thank you for your assistance. You have been very helpful.

"e125" wrote in message
I work with Latin texts and want to add works to my customized Latin
dictionary. I know of only one way to access this dictionary (i.e.,
Tools
menu, click Options, and then click the Spelling & Grammar tab etc). Is
there
a way I can set up a button the tool bar or create a macro to access
this
immediately without this 5 step process? I have looked at the
customization
feature in Word and have not figured this out. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Glad I could help.

"e125" wrote in message
I work with Latin texts and want to add works to my customized Latin
dictionary. I know of only one way to access this dictionary (i.e.,
Tools
menu, click Options, and then click the Spelling & Grammar tab etc).
Is
there
a way I can set up a button the tool bar or create a macro to access
this
immediately without this 5 step process? I have looked at the
customization
feature in Word and have not figured this out. Any suggestions would
be
appreciated.

Thank you

New custom dictionaries Paul Microsoft Word Help 3 June 7th 07 10:35 PM
Word Documentation for Making Forms Accessible Risikio Microsoft Word Help 3 October 3rd 06 02:42 PM
custom dictionaries havenlad Microsoft Word Help 1 June 2nd 06 05:19 PM
Custom dictionaries oe New Users 4 September 1st 05 08:39 AM
Custom dictionaries Ellyn Microsoft Word Help 1 April 21st 05 11:17 PM