Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve L. Steve L. is offline

Default SCALE

This is a difficult problem to articulate. All of the sudden the scale at
the top of all Word docs in Print view is different. The left margin is at
"0", with a number one an inch to the left and the right edge of the paper at
about minus 1 1/4 . The right margin is at the number six and the left end
of the paper is at about 7 1/4. All new and old docs are this way. What
happened and how do I fix it, please.

Steve L.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve L. Steve L. is offline

Well, now you cause me to question myself. But I believe that the "0" on the
left side was at the edge of the paper and that the right edge was at 8 1/2.
I can't check but it just looks wrong. Wouldn't that make sense since the
paper is 8 1/2 inches wide? I wish I could insertt a picture of it. Boy, I
got all those rights and lefts mixed up. Sorry. Left edge is minus 1 1/4,
right edge is 7 1/4.

"Steve L." wrote in message
This is a difficult problem to articulate. All of the sudden the scale at
the top of all Word docs in Print view is different. The left margin is
at
"0", with a number one an inch to the left and the right edge of the paper
at
about minus 1 1/4 . The right margin is at the number six and the left
end
of the paper is at about 7 1/4. All new and old docs are this way. What
happened and how do I fix it, please.

Steve L.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No, the ruler always displays the width of the document body between
margins. Anything outside the margins is in negative territory. So, for
example, you can set a negative left or right indent to allow a paragraph to
extend into the margins.

In Normal view, the left end of the ruler is at 0 because the left margin is
not shown. In Web Layout view, the left end of the ruler is at 0 and the
right end is at the right edge of the Word window. In Outline and Reading
Layout view, the ruler is not shown.

There are applications (Publisher, for one, I think) that use the ruler
differently.

"Steve L." wrote in message
This is a difficult problem to articulate. All of the sudden the scale
at
the top of all Word docs in Print view is different. The left margin
is
at
"0", with a number one an inch to the left and the right edge of the
paper
at
about minus 1 1/4 . The right margin is at the number six and the left
end
of the paper is at about 7 1/4. All new and old docs are this way.
What
happened and how do I fix it, please.

Steve L.

new pay scale for old Rs.8275/- pay koripella Microsoft Word Help 4 June 4th 08 03:21 PM
Ruler scale and paper scale out of sync DonD Microsoft Word Help 2 June 14th 06 05:00 PM
OLE objects from our app get scale 100% when updated Thomas Olsson Microsoft Word Help 0 June 9th 06 12:59 PM
Page scale Charyl Page Layout 1 April 28th 06 07:36 PM
pay scale formula Mike Tables 7 December 21st 05 06:11 AM