Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bob in Rochester Bob in Rochester is offline

Default After mail merge, can I save multiple pages of labels

I'm using Word 2003. After I do a merge, even though the preview shows just
the first page of labels, I can still print multiple pages. But if I try to
save it as a xxxx.doc file to print later, I seem to only save the first
sheet. Is there any way to save the multiple pages for later printing or do
I have to go through the merge routine again?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Execute the merge to a new document and then save that.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Bob in Rochester" Bob in wrote in
message ...
I'm using Word 2003. After I do a merge, even though the preview shows
just
the first page of labels, I can still print multiple pages. But if I try
save it as a xxxx.doc file to print later, I seem to only save the first
sheet. Is there any way to save the multiple pages for later printing or
do
I have to go through the merge routine again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bob in Rochester[_2_] Bob in Rochester[_2_] is offline

Doug,
Thank you. It works, but I can only find the merge to new document in the
toolbar. I was using the step-by-step sidebar. I don't see the option
available there. Is that true? Previously I had a Word version with a mail
merge wizard. It was much friendlier!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsof" wrote:

Execute the merge to a new document and then save that.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Bob in Rochester" Bob in wrote in
message ...
I'm using Word 2003. After I do a merge, even though the preview shows
just
the first page of labels, I can still print multiple pages. But if I try
save it as a xxxx.doc file to print later, I seem to only save the first
sheet. Is there any way to save the multiple pages for later printing or
do
I have to go through the merge routine again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

In Step 6 of the step by step sidebar that you were using, clicking on the
Edit individual labels link rather than print executes the merge to a new
document.

You can also use ToolsCustomize to reinstate the Mail Merge Helper from
earlier versions of Word.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.